Applying your knowledge in real-world situations
Mystery Street Recording Company offers an immersive internship program that demonstrates nearly all aspects of studio operations. Our goal is to bridge the gap between formal education and real-world experiences.
As an intern you’ll work directly with experienced audio engineers to gain hands-on experience.
While we accept intern applications year-round, internship application review occurs in August (for September-December), December (for January-April), and April (For May-August). If opportunities arise outside of the regularly scheduled application reviews, we may reach out to applicants outside of the planned review periods.
Live Sound Internship
Qualifications: Some experience with Pro Tools, PA Systems, and basic microphone set-up/teardown. Able to lift up and carry up to 50 lbs. A career aspiration focused on live sound engineering. Must be available on nights and weekends.
Digital Archiving Internship
Qualifications: Well versed in Pro Tools signal flow, basic DAW troubleshooting, and computer stills. Must be highly detail-oriented. Audio Preservation experience or education is a major plus. Option for LaSalle County, IL location starting September 2022.
General Studio Internship
Qualifications: Basic understanding of studio signal flow, PA systems, and live mixing. Focus on studio etiquette, equipment troubleshooting, and equipment maintenance is a critical. Occasional location recording and live sound may be required. A career aspiration focused on studio operations and engineering preferred.
All intern applicants must be available a minimum of 3 days and 16 hours per week.
All intern applicants will be required to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination ahead of start date.
- Preferred junior or senior year in an audio centered program
- Passion for the audio production industry
- Strong drive for customer satisfaction
- Self motivated and determined
- Must hold high standards for all work completed
- Interest in growth and future opportunities within the company
- Setting up and tearing down gear for sessions both in studio and on location.
- Daily studio operations including upkeep and cleanliness.
- Maintaining studio organization and usability.
- Exhibiting a professional demeanor with clients.
- Working to promote and increase our business through social media.