COVID-19 Rehearsal Policy
Until further notice, the following procedures will take place.
- We will allow ample time between clients to allow air in all spaces to clear and all surfaces to be sanitized and we are limiting the entire day to 10 people (staff included), in each studio.
- Each room and bathroom will be meticulously sanitized between clients
- In order to accommodate staffing and cleaning, band rehearsals offerings will be in 4 hour blocks and various discounted solo rehearsal slots will be made available on a daily basis.
- Clients will enter their scheduled studio in separate entrances, as to maintain 100% isolation from other clients in the other studio.
- Each room will have access to their own bathroom, not shared with any other other clients.
- Ahead of each rehearsal, we will request set up information and our staff will prepare the room ahead of your arrival. If changes need to be made to your PA mix, we will try to do so remotely with our digital mixing system!
- We recommend limiting your rehearsal to 6 people maximum, but if you would like to maintain 6 feet of social distance between your own bandmates, limit yourself to 3 people in Studio A or 4 people in Studio C.
- Masks should be worn at all times while in the studio. While we know this presents a challenge, we hope that you will find ways to adapt to help minimize the spread of the virus, and we encourage you to have instrumental rehearsals when possible. Specialty disposable covers will be provided for each vocal microphone.
- Our Control Room and Audio Preservation Lab will be restricted to employees only. If you need assistance, please call us or use our paging system and we will assist remotely, if possible.
- Our original cancellation policy (below) will still be in effect, but we do request that anyone experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 to refrain from entering the building, for the health and safety of our staff and your bandmates. Note: we cannot offer refunds or last minute rescheduling for ANY reason.
- We want you to have fun and make beautiful music, but we want you to stay safe, because we really do care about you. We will move forward together…
Band Rehearsal Room Cancellation Policy
Mystery Street Recording Company has a 48 hour cancellation / rescheduling policy for rehearsal spaces. This means that if you miss your appointment, need to cancel or change your appointment with less than 48 hours notice, you will be charged the full amount of your rehearsal.
With greater than 48 hours notice, you receive a credit memo and are welcome to reschedule that rehearsal one time within 30 days of your originally cancelled rehearsal date.
The Reason For It
This policy has been put in place because as a small, boutique studio, we only have 2 available rooms available, so schedule changes have a big impact on our day-to-day operations and last minute cancellations prevent another band from having place to rehearse or record at a time they might have needed. Plus, as a personalized appointment based business, our staff is scheduled specifically for you when you book. And while we understand that last minute problems occur which will result in occasional cancellations, we encourage the band members that can make it to come rehearse anyway! All of us here play in bands and know that sometimes the most productive and focused songwriting sessions happen with a smaller number of bandmates, so take advantage of those moments for music’s sake! Even if it is one member alone, it never hurts to brush up on your instrument (especially if your band members keep canceling on you!).
Freelance Studio Rental Policy
Freelance rates at Mystery Street are as follows:
$45/hr recording- 7 PM to Midnight Monday-Friday
$35/hr recording- All other times
$25 if you only require use of the control room (note: total silence is not guaranteed at this rate. All other rates above include the use of Studio A, Studio B, Vocal Booth, and Control Room)
With notice, assistant engineers are available for $20 per hour during your sessions. We typically recommend adding an assistant engineer for at least the start of your first session here, to help you get accustomed to the studio.
While subject to changes, our gear list can be found here: https://www.
Payment for freelance sessions is due in full at the time of scheduling. We cannot offer rescheduling or credited cancellations on freelance sessions. Any cancellations are subject to forfeit of payment.